We are so grateful to our clients who have agreed to provide testimonials about their experience of working with us and very proud to share this one with you as a blog post. Our client’s name is Anne. She started working out with us back in September 2011 and her transformation three months later (by end December) has been amazing. Read on and follow Anne’s journey……
Started with Results By Design Personal Training
Open Water Swimming
• To be able to swim a 1500m course in 30-35 minutes
• To become fitter/stronger
• To avoid looking like a “Michelin Man lookalike” next time I wear a wetsuit for swimming
Weight loss to date
12 kg – 26.445 pounds
In Anne’s Words:
“I never expected that at the age of 56 I would have gone from couch potato (world-class standard!) to keen “athlete” in 3 months, having joined Results by Design. I have always loved swimming but discovered a passion for open water swimming having entered the Great London Swim in July 2011. I managed to do the 1500m course in 45 minutes even though I was very overweight and unfit – so this was a sport I could do but I now wanted to get better and do the distance in a faster time. I realised I needed professional help to get fitter/stronger, and also to lose weight, as in this sport you have to wear a wetsuit which is not the most flattering of looks!
I joined RBD in September and have not looked back since. I had no idea of what to expect, the only experience of instructor led exercise I ever had was the occasional times I went to keep fit classes, which resulted a lot of joint pain especially in the knees, hips and back – so I was quite apprehensive before the first meeting with RBD:
• The first meeting was an assessment which allowed me to work out what I wanted from the weekly sessions, talk about my fears regarding joint pain when exercising, food plan advice to suit me, and at the end of the meeting I came away with a sense of confidence that my goals were achievable.
• I have to admit that the thought of the first session was a bit daunting but, even though my hand/eye/foot (not to mention brain) co-ordination was something to behold (and still is); it turned out to be a positive experience. More importantly, considering the type of exercises I was doing, there was no joint pain whatsoever – muscle pain, yes, and I certainly know what a pain in the gluteus maximus feel like! So I went from being extremely apprehensive to total trust when asked to do any exercises, because I know I will be taught to use the correct muscles to protect my joints and back.
• The exercises are varied and challenging but it is a fantastic sensation to feel your muscles working (in fact it is a fantastic feeling to discover I actually do have muscles that work!). I am pushed to my limits but RBD’s expertise (and, in my case, a lot of patience) is such that I know I will successfully accomplish the end result of the exercises -eventually. I try never to miss a session even when I am feeling really low or have had a tough week – it’s what keeps/gets you back on track. The sense of achievement and motivation at the end of a session is difficult to describe, and even after 3 months this effect has not lessened.
I try to continue working out after the weekly sessions i.e. swimming or free weights and stretches (learnt in the training sessions) at the local gym – RBD puts in the hard work re giving me the skills, the belief in myself and the motivation, so I should use them.
The results I am seeing in my fitness, confidence/self esteem and especially body shape are amazing. I am even beginning to look forward to wearing that dreaded wetsuit next year! ”
Photos Taken At Our Studio – 292 Battersea Park Road SW11 3BT
Anne using our TRX system – great for building strength and toning your muscles.
Anne, using the Prowler – a great piece of equipment for helping you burn fat fast
Looking For A Personal Trainer?
If you are looking for a personal trainer in Clapham, Battersea or the South West London area we want to invite you to take a look at our results.
Our services include (click the link to find out more)
Home training with weekend visits to the gym on Battersea Park Road
However you prefer to work with us we will do out utmost to accommodate you. Take the first step by calling Carol on 0203 551 6739 or click here to complete our enquiry form. If you are on our blog you can also complete the blue form on the right.